Guided Tours of Ballintubber Abbey
Guided Tours Available Daily.
- Come and explore an ancient timeline in the “Abbey that refused to die.”
- Experience the template of reverence that the Abbey holds. Learn about the most notorious priest hunter in Ireland, a Mayo native.
- How and why the Abbey came into existence in 1216.
- Learn about St Patrick and his impact on society, visit his well where he baptised his converts.
- Why it’s called a Royal Abbey.
- Visit the final resting place of Theobald Bourke, son of Grace O’Malley “Granuaile”.
- Learn of the attempts to burn the Abbey and its restoration.
- Explore the Stations of the Cross on the beautifully restored grounds of Ballintubber Abbey.
Why not make it a family day out with our Family Trail Quiz, let the kids learn the history of the 800 years old abbey, while answering the questions and exploring the beautiful grounds of the Abbey. Once completed receive a Certificate.
Tel: +353 949030934
Ballintubber Abbey is open daily from 9.30am to 9pm all year round.
Admission to the Abbey and Grounds is Free
Guided Tours are €8 per person, Under 16yrs go free.
Group Bookings Welcomed.
Guided tours available 9.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
Saturday & Sunday by arrangement.
Gift Shop and Visitor Centre Open Daily 10am – 5pm
Sunday 9am – 3pm